Apex / Hamillroad Software – Trade shops for Bellissima DMS phase one sales for Europe and USA
UK/Europe/USA • At Labelexpo Europe 2017 Apex introduced its Bellissima Digitally Modulated Screening technology. Since then, the flexo technology is available through trade shops in range of countries. NarrowWebTech gives you an overview about the trade shops distributing Bellissima DMS.
Since then, Aniken Graphics, a joint venture between Apex International and Hamillroad, announced the following distributors for the new technology for a range of European countries and the U.S.
- UK: Precision Printing Plates Ltd (PPP), is one of two approved trade shops for Bellissima DMS in the UK market
- Spain: Flexographic Solutions S.L. (FGS) as part of the Phase One roll-out
- The Netherlands: Volkers, a flexo plate & sleeve maker based in Holland
- Belgium and France: Athena Graphics, with offices based in Belgium, France and the Netherlands
- USA: Cyber Graphics is one of two approved trade shops for Bellissima DMS in the U.S. market
- Germany: Carl Ostermann Erben (COE) as a trade shop to supply plates made using Bellissima digitally modulated screening (DMS) to the German label market
[Editorial comment: this overview was written in March 2018. The list includes the trade shops announced by Aniken Graphics announced in several press releaser and may not complete]
Aniken Graphics International LLP is a joint venture between Hamillroad Software, a UK based prepress software company, and Apex International, supplier of anilox and metering products.
According to Aniken, using Bellissima results in high-quality prints equivalent to 350-450 lpi showing no colour shifts on misregistration. Utilizing fixed palette inks, the screening delivers smooth flat tints and moiré free prints. Vignettes fade smoothly to nothing enabled by printed highlight dots as low as 1.0% and shadow dots up to 99.5%.
Working optimally at 4,000 dpi, the patented screening includes features such as 100% solid surface patterning options and solid object protection. Common printing press issues such as bounce, barring and slur are all reduced significantly. Bellissima DMS also delivers on ink savings, which can be augmented by GCR based software, improves the efficiency of the press room, and utilizes existing printing press equipment.
Phase One sales of Bellissima DMS includes trade shops, converters and flexo printers that are currently using Apex GTT anilox rolls and sleeves together with MacDermid Graphics Solutions’ Lux ITP 60 or DuPont’s EFX plates. Printers wishing to test the technology can enquire via the Bellissima website (http://bellissimadms.com )or can contact their local Apex sales representatives or trade shop.