REVO – Open House at Bobst Italy
ITALY • The partners in the REVO technology team – a project team with companies such as Americk Packaging, Apex International, AVT, Bobst, DuPont, Esko, Flint Group, UPM and X-Rite Pantone – hold a master class Open House event from November 29 to December 1 in the Bobst’s competence centre in Firenze. The event focusses on sharing with packaging and label manufacturers the latest technologies with the aim offering an integrated full circle digital flexo solution.
The event will offer a half a day programme of classes where visitors can see demonstrations printing of different run lengths – from very short runs upwards – using multi-process converting for value-added label, flexible or carton packaging production.
Topics are (a.m. and p.m. sessions):
- The use and safety of 7-colour UV ink printing in the food industry
- The reality of a converter’s three year experience with implementation of the Revo technology
- Revo profitability vs conventional printing
- Revo reality – steps and common errors
The technologies include:
- Field test and validation of the process – Americk Packaging
- GTT Anilox rollers suitable for specifications – Apex International
- Press Control and quality control – AVT
- Flexo plates suitable for Revo specifications – DuPont
- 7 colours separation software and control hardware suitable for REVO specifications – Esko
- Flexo inks suitable for Revo specifications – Flint Group
- Printing and converting equipment, digital automation for REVO specifications – Bobst
- Substrates for REVO specifications – UPM
- Color measuring and standard system – X-Rite Pantone
Converters attending the event will also see how the REVO Academy can provide support in the implementation of the technologies.
In order to find more details, visit the project’s website http://www.revo-digitalflexo.com/revo-masterclass-open-house-29-nov-1-dec-2016