Epson – Digital label press SurePress L-6534VW launched
USA • Joining the SurePress L-6034VW in the UV digital label press line, the SurePress L-6534VW will offer three print speed modes from 49 fpm to 162 fpm (14.93 – 49.37 m/min). Epson demonstrates the new SurePress L-6534VW, as well as the SurePress L-6034VW and L-4533AW and workflow automation solutions with Wasatch RIP, at Labelexpo Americas 2018 at Epson’s stand 5813.
The the SurePress L-6534VW delivers three print speed modes:
- High density white: 49 fpm (14.93 m/min)
- Standard: 98 fpm (29.87 m/min)
- Productivity: 162 fpm (49.37 m/min)
According to the company the SurePress L-6534W digital LED UV inkjet press can produce high-quality, durable labels and integrates all of the functions required for label production, including a Corona treater, white ink, digital varnish, and an additional UV curing unit. The print heads, inks, LED pinning and curing lamp units, media feeding, and control system are developed and manufactured by Epson. According to Epson additional features are:
- PrecisionCore Linehead: Enables high-speed, single-pass printing to deliver an high output quality and durability; digital monitoring system maintains high productivity using Nozzle Verification Technology to automatically manage inkjet nozzles
- Digital Varnish: Gloss or matte finish can be selected for the overall label, and appealing partial accents can be added using glossy or matte spot varnish
- Substrate Feed: Center drum system feeds the substrate with incredible precision designed to achieve high accuracy color registration and reduce the heat expansion or shrinkage of the substrate, enabling various types of off-the-shelf standard flexographic substrates to be used
- LED UV Ink: Quick-drying UV ink for an enhanced productivity and very good weather, scratch, chemical, and water resistance; LED light source saves space and offers a lower energy use, enabling printing on heat-sensitive substrates
- White Ink: In white ink printing, surface white print and reverse white print are available
- Variable web width: Supports rolls from 3.15” (80 mm) to 13” (330.2 mm) wide up to 0.013” (0.32 mm) thick
- Enhanced Productivity: Linehead maintenance is done automatically during the shift, and manual cleaning is limited to a short interval after the shift
The SurePress L-6534VW, and a conversion kit for the existing SurePress L-6034VW, will be available in summer 2019.
Visitors to Labelexpo Americas find Epson on stand 5813.