FINAT European Label Forum 2018 – A full success
IRELAND • Whilst the Irish upbeat music and the sound of tapping shoes of the dancing group still reverberates in our head, the European label association FINAT reports that the ELF2018 in Dublin was one of the most successful and memorable events ever.
The Irish are renowned for their hospitality, friendliness and high spirited demeanour. “We were therefore in good company”, so FINAT states. The spirit of friendship, entrepreneurialism and innovation which characterises the FINAT label community, is also a key element in bringing progress to our industry.
This year’s ELF discussed the challenges of change in the label industry, from a political, regulatory, technical and macro-economic perspective. Particular attention was paid to questions as: compliance of products; future trends of labels, the generation change, and last but not least, recruitement and retention of young talents to secure the industry’s future.
An array of international and acclaimed speakers was invited to lecture:
- Alastair Campbell (Speakers Corner); Gavin Killeen (Nuprint Technologies);
- Jules Lejeune, FINAT
- Jennifer Dochstader & David Walsh (LPC); Marc Büttgenbach (rlc Packaging)
- Sean Smyth (Pira International); Andy Thomas (Tarsus Labels & Packaging Group);
Keran Thurakhia (Hive IP)
- James Bevan (Vandagraf); Dieter Mössner (Edelmann GmbH); Robert Rae (GEW) & Jakob Abildgaard (Dan Labels)
- Bert van Loon (Independent Strategist); Sarah Sladek (XYZ University)
- Noreena Hertz (Celebrity Speakers); Emma Rochford (Guinness); Kathryn Wilson (Diageo)
As FINAT President Chris Ellison mentioned in his opening speech: “I am sure that returning to your desks next Monday, you will be inspired and eager to implement in your businesses what you have taken back from the different speakers, including the business learning parallel sessions.”
The full report as well as pictures will follow soon on www.narrowwebtech.com as well as the event’s website europeanlabelforum.de. In the meanwhile, if you wish to view the full programme click here.
At the event also the Label Awards 2018 were announced – more details and pictures are available in this post!