FINAT – Event agenda revealed
THE NETHERLANDS • The international association for the self-adhesive label industry has revealed its labelling events for 2016. Designed to provide key industry learning and networking opportunities these essential activities give the current and future label community members the chance to meet with peers, clients, press and other industry related contacts, to build on their knowledge and exchange information.
The events in chronological order are:
- FINAT Labelling Competition: this annual event showcases the best of self-adhesive label and narrow web print. It recognizes and rewards achievement in terms of both end-use/ marketing impact and print and converting quality. Awards are given – by a jury of leading industry experts – in the main segments where self-adhesive labels are used: (alcoholic) beverages, food, household, industrial, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, security labelling, (self-) promotion, booklet/coupon labels and for the major reel-fed print processes: flexo, letterpress, screen, offset, digital print and combination print. This year, the 36th edition, welcomes all 2016 FINAT Label Competition entries, before the deadline of March 18.
- FINAT Technical Seminar: Labelling – The Future and Beyond is the theme of this year’s event that runs from March 16 – 18 in Barcelona, Spain. A number of expert speakers will bring the audience up to date on how labels need to change to face future challenges and to meet the end-user’s and consumer’ criteria. There will be updates on FINAT test methods, regulatory affairs and Life Cycle Analysis. Other topics include inks for food, philosophy on compliance and unique resource capability on food contact issues, printed consumer experiences, disruptive technical innovation in label thermal printing and measurements in labelstock testing and the relevance in appliance.
- FINAT Webinar Series #1 2016: Label Academy: on April 5, a FINAT webinar will be held on the global training and certification programme for the label and package printing industry, pioneered by industry expert Mike Fairley. The label industry has some of the widest range of materials, printing processes and finishing solutions of any printing sector. The number of dedicated printing colleges has spurred the need to harmonize vocational training curricula across the world. The Label Academy is working with other training experts and authors to ensure that it provides up-to-date and relevant training material for the industry.
- FINAT Young Managers Congress: this year, the FINAT Young Managers Club will organise the third edition of the Global Young Managers Congress for the label industry on April 28 – 30 in Budapest, Hungary. During this event, young managers get the opportunity to hone their management skills and learn from industry expert’s experiences. The programme includes social events such as networking dinners, interactive workshops and one and a half day of presentations.
- FINAT and TLMI LCA: On May 12, there will be a webinar on the joint LCA guidance project that was established to provide a common understanding of LCA, give insights in the different standards available and identify the hotspots within the industry. Pré Consultants a global leader in environmental measurement, methodologies and integration are executing the project. They will provide case studies offer guidance and training on the LCA methodology, hence creating a high level playing-field.
- FINAT European Label Forum 2016: June 16-18 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The association’s main annual event is the vehicle for strategic business knowledge, information and inspiration. It is focused on business topics, with two different parallel streams (“Value Creation” and “Innovation”), an educational workshop in collaboration with the Label Academy and more room for interaction and dialogue between congress delegates. All sessions will feature first class speakers who are recognized experts in the field. More detailed information on this event is coming soon. The annual General Assembly of FINAT is also held during the Forum, as is the formal announcement and presentation of the prizes in the FINAT International Label Competition.
- FINAT RADAR: will be released right after the forum. This publication will be in its 5th It offers readers a unique “first-hand 360 degrees” overview of trends and developments across the self-adhesive and narrow web value chain. As was the case last year, the spring edition of the FINAT RADAR will focus on the label converter perspective.
- FINAT Recycling Award: this award recognizes efforts of the industry in paper and film release liner recycling, both at converter and end-user level. The 3rd edition of this competition will be launched in the 2nd week of February.
- New Technology and Management Webinars: a series of webinars will be held throughout the year. Mark your agenda on July 7 for Brand Certification, on September 22 for colour management and on November 24 for succession planning.
- Committee output: FINAT’s sophisticated network of affiliated associations, committees and subcommittees pulls together industry thought leaders and experts to work on issues of common interest.