Xeikon Café 2018 – Digital production from start to finish on display
BELGIUM • At this year’ Xeikon Café exhibition and conference (20-23 March, Lier), nearly 40 leading industry suppliers will demonstrate a range of label & packaging applications. Having the theme “learn, connect, discover” the event further includes technical academy sessions and conference presentations. Xeikon’s aim is to show visitors end-to-end digital production and to visualise how digital technologies could impact their businesses. On display will be applications for food, pharma, household, beverages, health & beauty.
According to Xeikon, the demonstrations will cover packaging decoration techniques such as wet-glue, self-adhesive labels, in-mould and blow-mould, folding carton, wrap-around labels or heat transfer labels.
Xeikon Café names top six applications with the most potential to positively impact businesses by bringing new opportunities from digital production:
- Self-adhesive labels, craft beer: micro-breweries are a strongly growing market. Digital production is the most cost-effective solution for the large variety of short-run craft beer labels these companies need, and offers benefits such as high quality and a professional offset look.
- Self-adhesive labels, premium beer: as the beer market is becoming ever more diverse, breweries are looking for smaller series and customized labels. With digital production, random variable image printing of multi-designs for premium labels can be achieved all in one run.
- Food services, paper cups: digital provides the only food-safe complement for the production of over 50,000 paper cups, an ever more popular marketing tool. It offers possibilities for personalisation and advertising.
- In-mould, food containers: digital printing solutions on show at Xeikon Café offer food safety, high productivity and waste minimisation.
- Wet-glue labels, wine & spirits: technically, these labels are amongst the most challenging to produce, and digital can be the complement to conventional offset print runs of up to 50,000 labels.
- Peel & Reveal, chemicals: chemical labels must appeal to the consumer, be UV light resistant and resist chemical/mechanical stress. Digital production fulfils these needs, and adds fine details with pin sharp quality on top.
Industry suppliers exhibiting at Xeikon Café 2018 include A B Graphic International; Advanced Track and Trace; Argos Solutions; Avery Dennison; AVT; Brotech Graphics; Cartes; CDigital; Cerm; Esko; FLEXcon; Flint Group Narrow Web; Grafisk Maskinfabrik; Grafotronic; Hybrid Software; Iggesund Paperboard; Kurz; Label Traxx; Lake Image Systems; Meech; Metsä Board; MGI Digital Technology; Michelman; Rietstack; SEI Laser; SMAG Graphique; Stora Enso; Treofan; UPM Raflatac; Vigc; Wink; Xeikon; Xeikon PrePress (ThermoFlexx); Yupo; Zanders and Zünd Systemtechnik.
More details please find on the event’s website: www.xeikoncafe.com/