New eDossier: 20 years NarrowWebTech – The history of label printing
On the occasion of the 20th anniversary of our magazine NarrowWebTech we review twenty years of narrow web production. Our new eDossier covers the latest developments regarding the whole range of processes: from raw materials to printing and converting processes and is available in our shop for free.
Twenty years ago, in 1998, the magazine NarrowWebTech began initially as a supplement within its sister magazine Flexo & Gravure International, then, a year later, it was published as a standalone specialty magazine.
The editorial team of NarrowWebTech prepared a whole lot of information for our readers – a history of label production on 26 pages, so to say. We have added a range of personal comments as well as a survey amongst printing press manufacturers to answer the questions, what development or trend has had the greatest impact on the label industry for the last twenty years.
In this 20-years e-dossier you will be able to read:
- Review of label printing
- Review of label converting
- Review of label production in terms of materials
- Survey amongst label press manufacturer
- A personal comment by Nick Coombes and Tony White
- A personal comment by Graham Backhouse from BPIF labels
- A personal review regarding digital printing from Domino
- Timeline twenty years label production (1998 – 2018)