Cerm – MIS solutions and interactive session
USA • At the recent Labelexpo Americas, the compayny demonstrated how its solution goes beyond MIS to provide complete business management and automation solutions for the narrow web printing industry.
At the heart of Cerm’s solution are eight specific modules, each supporting a critical step in the printer’s integrated workflow, from estimating to shop floor data collection to invoicing. Connecting these modules provides the narrow web printer with a way to go beyond just MIS and enable a more effective business and production environment.
The modules are included within three product categories:
- shopfront: Web4Labels is an all-in-one digital shopfront for online quoting and managing of assets, providing a critical resource that lets sales people and end-customers order labels and quickly get accurate quotes remotely
- shopfloor: The modules in this category deliver insight into operations, including capacity and utilisation per machine and how they can be optimised to reduce changeover times. Stock, inventory and raw material data are also available, as well as crucial details for shipping
- backoffice: Cerm backoffice includes specific solutions to relieve the practical problems that come from printing a larger number of different products with smaller print runs. Produced quantities and shipping information are taken from the shopfloor to automatically generate shipping notes and invoices
Cerm also hosted an interactive session entitled “Implementing an effective MIS software system for enterprise-wide profitability”. This session, featuring Andrew Boyd, vice-president of Blue Label Digital, provided insights and personal opinions on how MIS can be a collaborative tool that enables printers to stand out from their competition. Topics covered included:
- Selecting the right MIS solution for your business
- Utilising your data for profitable decision making
- Automating workflow with MIS